Regent Utilities Ltd. (“Regent Utilities”) operates Regentwater.co.uk. It is our policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our websites.
At Regent Utilities, we have a few fundamental principles:
- We are thoughtful about the personal information we ask you to provide and the personal information that we collect about you through the operation of our services.
- We store personal information for only as long as we have a reason to keep it.
- We aim for full transparency on how we gather, use, and share your personal information.
Recognition and definition
Regent Utilities recognizes terms such as
- “staff”, “workers”, “employees”, “colleagues” include both permanent and contractor workers
- “we”, “our”, “us” include the company, Regent Utilities
- “company” is referring to Regent Utilities
- “you”, “your” is referring to who is visiting the website; visitor, customer or account holder
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Regent Utilities' websites choose to interact with Regent Utilities in ways that require Regent Utilities to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Regent Utilities gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up at Regentwater.co.uk to provide a username and email address. Those who engage in transactions with Regent Utilities are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, Regent Utilities collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor's interaction with Regent Utilities. Regent Utilities does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Information You Provide to Us
Basic Account Information:We ask for basic information from you in order to set up your account as a password and email address
Communications With Us:You may also provide us information when you communicate with us through web form
These are known as personally identifying information. Here are the main circumstances when you will be asked personal information on our website.
- Get a quote on your business water/waste water form
- Submit your readings online form
- Contact us form
Regent Utilities collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Regent Utilities.
Information We Collect Automatically
Log Information:Like most online service providers, we collect log information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, the date and time of access...
Usage Information:We collect information about your usage of our Services.
Location Information:We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address
These are known as non personally identifying information.
Purposes for Using Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services
- To further develop and improve our Services
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services such as
- Protecting the security of our Services
- Detecting and preventing fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities
- Fighting spam
- Protecting the rights and property of Regent Utilities
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
- The use is necessary in order to fulfill our commitments to you under any agreements with you or is necessary to administer your account
- The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation
- Regent Utilities has a legitimate interest in using your information
- You have given us your consent
How We Share Information
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
Legal Requests:We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
To Protect Rights, Property, and Others:We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Regent Utilities.
Aggregated or De-Identified Information:We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you.
With Your Consent:We may share and disclose information with your firm and explicit consent.
Who We Share Your Data With
Regent Utilities discloses potentially or proven personally-identifying information only to our employees:
- That need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf or to provide services
- That have agreed, in writing, not to disclose it to others
If we ever were to engage in any onward transfers of your data with third parties for a purpose other than which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized, we would provide you with an opt-out choice to limit the use and disclosure of your personal data.
- Your Username and Email Address are stored in the website’s database. Your Email Address is used to send you an email with a link to reset your password in the event you forget your password.
- Once an account is created, you must contact us to have it deleted.
- If you have an account and you log in to a site, we will set up several cookies to save your login information.
- If you select “Remember Me” these cookies will persist longer. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. It is important that you log out if you are using a public computer.
- Usernames cannot be changed.
Hosting and API Services
- All web servers are managed by Regent Utilities’s IT team, internally. This includes website hosting, backups, web database, file storage…
- Customers that email us, or use any of the contact forms on our websites, will have their email address, IP address, and any data provided in the contact form or body of the email stored internally and in our help desk third-party.
- We keep all emails indefinitely to help us provide support and improve our services. Individuals can request copies of any previous correspondence with us at any time through the Subject Access Request form on our website.
- Regent Utilities may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its websites.
Third party links
Regent Utilities’s website may contain links to the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any third party website, please note that these websites will have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability in respect of the same.
How Long We Keep Information
We generally discard information about you when we no longer need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it.
How We Protect Your Data
While no online service is 100% secure, Regent Utilities works very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so, such as monitoring our Services for potential vulnerabilities and attacks.
The security and reliability of our service is our number one priority. We invest heavily in the training of our staff and our infrastructure to ensure that best practices are followed in everything that we do.
- Every Regent Utilities employee goes through background check
- Staff only has access to systems that are directly required to complete the functions of their job.
Regent Utilities discloses potentially and proven personally-identifying information only to those of its employees. Other than to its employees, we disclose potentially and proven personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when we believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Regent Utilities. Regent Utilities takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially and proven personally-identifying information.
Regent Utilities will not rent or sell potentially and proven personally-identifying information to anyone.
What are cookies
None of the cookies we use to collect your personal information and they can’t be used to identify you.
Types of cookies
Session cookies are temporary cookies which only exist during the time you use the website (or more strictly, until you close the browser after using the website). Session cookies help our websites remember what you chose on the previous page, avoiding the need to re-enter information.
Persistent cookies stay on your device after you’ve visited our website. Persistent cookies help us identify you as a unique visitor but don’t contain information that could be used to identify you to another person.
How to control and delete cookies
Alternatively, you could visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on cookies on a wide variety of browsers.
To learn about controlling cookies on the browser of your mobile device please refer to your handset manual.
Visitors should bear in mind that the drawback that certain features of Regent Utilities’ websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Your Rights under the legislation
The scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), gives you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data
How to access to your data
An individual can raise concerns regarding the processing of their personal data by Regent Utilities or request access through a SAR. A third party can also make a SAR on behalf of a person with proof of ID and permission. The request can be made either by
Sending a mail to email@example.com with the object “Subject Access Request”
Or, sending a letter by registered mail to Compliance Officer, Subject Access Request Regent House, Kendal Ave, London W3 0XA
To speed up the process, it is advised to fill in the Subject Access Request Form available on our website
The more specific you are and the more information they provide, the quicker Regent Utilities is able to respond.
We will respond to your request within 20 calendar days of verifying your details.